I have a great meal-prep recipe for you today!
Meal-prep is crucial to your success with eating clean, healthy, losing weight, and reaching your goals.
I always tell my clients that planning is crucial to your future success!
Slow cookers are an excellent quick way to cut up some food, throw it together, set it, and forget it.
They are time-efficient and inexpensive. Which addresses the two chief complaints and objections I hear from people;
- "Healthy eating is too expensive."
- "I don't have enough time to cook or exercise."
I'm here to tell you it's simply not true, my friend!
I spent $92 (and in Alaska, our food is typically much more expensive than other places) on food for meal-prepping this last weekend, which will result in more than 24 meals.
Let's do the math on that.
That equals $3.80 per meal or less!
And as far as time goes, it took me less than an hour to prep all the food and throw it in the Crockpot.
I promise that when you are tactful and mindful about what you are going to make, you can afford to feed your body wonderful healthy meals and begin to see the pounds shed off and start living that healthy lifestyle!
Let me know if you end up making this dish, in the comments below (and even a pic)! I want to know what you think and how it turned out.
Cheers to your health & happiness,
P.S. If you want more tips on meal-prepping and the foundations of cooking healthy meals, get my FREE Kitchen Rescue Pack!
Servings: 8 Cook Time: 7-8 hours
- 1 1/3 cups Dry Red Lentils (rinsed, uncooked)
- 2 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 Carrot (chopped)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 1/3 tbsps Chili Powder
- 1 1/3 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/3 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 2/3 cups Diced Tomatoes (from the can with juices)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 1/3 cups Red Kidney Beans (from the can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 lbs Moose meat or beef
- 2 Avocado (optional, sliced)
- 1/3 cup Cilantro (optional, chopped)
- Add lentils, onion, bell pepper, carrot, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, sea salt and pepper to your slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, depending on the strength of your slow cooker. Once it is cooked through, add the kidney beans and stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and top with avocado and cilantro (optional). Enjoy!
One serving is equal to approximately 1.5 to 2 cups of chili.
Likes it Spicy
Add one chopped jalapeno pepper.
Add the juice of one lime to the slow cooker just before serving.
Use lentils only.
Leave out the meat.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to five days, or freeze for longer.